What is it?
Registration to participate in 2017 is now closed, please sign up below to receive updates on the 2018 participation process.
Britain’s Healthiest Workplace is the largest, most comprehensive and FREE workplace wellbeing survey in the UK. By participating in the survey, employers gain a better understanding of the health risks affecting their employees, how these change over time, and their associated health and productivity impact.
The survey was established in 2012 to alleviate the lack of investment in the health and wellbeing of the staff of UK employers.
In 2017, the alignment of the Britain’s Healthiest Workplace question set with the Business in the Community Workwell Model ensured the survey took a whole person approach to physical and mental health, supporting and enabling employers to recognise the benefits of taking a strategic, proactive approach to wellbeing and engagement.
Why your organisation should participate
The survey looks at how employers, through the workplace, can support their employees to be healthier and more productive.
Britain’s Healthiest Workplace aims to help your organisation:
- Understand the health and wellbeing profile of your employees across a number of dimensions, such as lifestyle behaviours, clinical indicators, mental wellbeing, and workplace stress.
- Establish attitudes to health, and motivation to change, amongst your employees.
- Understand the extent to which your existing wellness facilities are being used, and their overall effectiveness in improving employee health.
- Provide benchmarking against other participating organisations.
- Establish best practice solutions to inform future HR strategies.
What do participants of Britain's Healthiest Workplace receive?
An Organisational Health Report giving unique insights into the health profile of the organisation and its employees is provided Each participating employee will receive a Personal Health Report in real-time, which includes their Vitality Age key lifestyle and health risks and suggestions for improvement.
Organisations attaining the highest average score receive recognition via four award categories, classified by small, medium and large employer: Britain's Healthiest Workplace; Healthiest Employer; Healthiest Employees and Most Improved Workplace.
Business in the Community members can opt to share their assessment report and will then receive bespoke feedback from the Business in the Community wellbeing team.
How does the survey work?
Britain's Healthiest Workplace aims to study the link between modifiable health risks and short-term productivity, develop a common understanding of what employee health and wellbeing means, and establish a common set of standards that can be applied to all industries. The survey uses a broad set of questions covering lifestyle, clinical and mental health, work engagement and productivity, aligned to the Business in the Community Workwell Model, and an in-depth assessment of the health and wellbeing interventions being offered by employers.
Employee topic areas include: Employer topic areas include:
Mental health and wellbeing About the organisation
Smoking About the workforce
Alcohol Health promotion in the work environment
Exercise Management culture
Health and wellbeing in your workplace
Your work environment
What happens next?
When the registration period has been completed, (it is necessary to register in advance for participation and registration is now closed for 2017), Britain’s Healthiest Workplace provides all registered organisation’s with all the information they need on how to participate, as well as content to help them encourage employees to take part in their own Employee Health Assessment.
2017 Survey timeline
- Qualifying organisations will receive an Organisational Health Report which will provide them with a holistic view of their employees' wellbeing, as well as unique benchmarking information that can be used to inform future HR and People strategies.
- An awards ceremony will be held in London in September, aligned to the release of the winners’ names* and editorial content in an exclusive magazine published in the Financial Times
*Britain’s Healthiest Workplace reserves the right to publish the names of the top performing organisations.