By using the Business in the Community Drugs, Alcohol and Tobacco toolkit, in association with Public Health England, you can support your employees wellbeing to reduce sickness, absence, and improve mental wellbeing and productivity.
The toolkit includes:
- A clear, staged checklist of actions for employers of all sizes
- An adaptable framework for a Drugs, Alcohol and Tobacco policy
- A summary of key legislation relating to drugs and alcohol use in England
- Case studies from a range of organisations.
View and download the other six toolkits in this series developed in partnership with Public Health England
- Domestic Abuse: a toolkit for employers provides support and guidance in responding to the risk of domestic abuse (toolkit sponsored by the Insurance Charities).
- The mental health toolkit for employers is our flagship publication and helps employers pick out the most valuable resources relating to mental health and develop an approach to a healthy workplace that really works
- Musculoskeletal health in the workplace: a toolkit for employers provides practical advice for employers regarding employee musculoskeletal health and reducing workplace absence (content developed in consultation with ARMA).
- Reducing the risk of suicide: a preventative toolkit for employers provides support and advice on how to incorporate suicide prevention into an employer’s workplace health and wellbeing framework (content developed in partnership with Samaritans).
- Crisis management in the event of a suicide: a postvention toolkit for employers offers practical advice for employers to follow in the aftermath of an employee suicide (content developed in partnership with Samaritans).
- Physical Activity, Healthy Eating and Healthier Weight: a toolkit for employers: Working in partnership with employees, employers can take a positive, proactive, preventative approach to support weight management and encourage greater physical activity.
- Sleep and Recovery Toolkit: offering insight and advice on addressing the increasingly damaging sleep-loss epidemic affecting the nation (the toolkit is sponsored by Anglian Water).
- Assess your progress: Use our audit tool to chart your progress.
The toolkits are designed to be easy to navigate, written directly for a business audience and are supported by insights, quotes and case studies from a range of employers.