There has been a lot written about how to tackle mental ill health and promote wellbeing in the workplace. This toolkit will simplify your approach.
Business in the Community has partnered with Public Health England to produce a free, online toolkit to help every organisation support the mental health and wellbeing of its employees. It will help employers take positive actions to build a culture that champions good mental health and provides a greater understanding of how to help those who need more support.
This toolkit will help employers pick out the most valuable resources, and help to develop an approach that works. For larger organisations, the toolkit is also a useful resource to share with businesses in their supply chain and across their network.
Every organisation has an opportunity to support and develop a mentally healthy workforce and it doesn’t need to be complicated – this toolkit will help you understand and act, step by step.
View and download the other six toolkits in this series developed in partnership with Public Health England.
- Musculoskeletal health in the workplace: a toolkit for employers provides practical advice for employers regarding employee musculoskeletal health and reducing workplace absence (content developed in consultation with ARMA).
- Domestic Abuse : a toolkit for employers provides support and guidance in responding to the risk of domestic abuse (toolkit sponsored by the Insurance Charities)
- Drugs, Tobacco and Alcohol: supporting your employees wellbeing to reduce sickness, absence, and improve mental wellbeing and productivity.
- Reducing the risk of suicide: a preventative toolkit for employers provides support and advice on how to incorporate suicide prevention into an employer’s workplace health and wellbeing framework (content developed in partnership with Samaritans).
- Crisis management in the event of a suicide: a postvention toolkit for employers offers practical advice for employers to follow in the aftermath of an employee suicide (content developed in partnership with Samaritans).
- Physical Activity, Healthy Eating and Healthier Weight: a toolkit for employers: Working in partnership with employees, employers can take a positive, proactive, preventative approach to support weight management and encourage greater physical activity.
- Sleep and Recovery Toolkit: offering insight and advice on addressing the increasingly damaging sleep-loss epidemic affecting the nation (the toolkit is sponsored by Anglian Water).
- Assess your progress: Use our audit tool to chart your progress.
We would really welcome your feedback on the suite of interconnected toolkits. Please do share your thoughts and comments via our Linkedin group.
Join the conversation>>